Monday, September 29, 2008

Re: Declaration

So...

Today's chapel really has me thinking. I'm generally not one for legacies as motivation for doing anything, honestly, what you think of me makes no difference one way or the other. I try not to care what people have said about me in any way, I do not find it my prerogative to defend myself anymore; the Lord has promised such to His own. However, regarding this, "Life Sentence," I feel impressed on my heart and soul a mission. A statement I desire to accurately sum up the whole of my life. I here declare it my goal and intention in the hope of being held accountable to the Spirit's prompting by you and the Word. In the publishing of this, I cannot hide or nor deny it, but I feel it being branded on in my chest even as I type. I wrestled with many callings and purposes... but this one thing the LORD has burned into me and I cannot escape it. I want to leave this place and have it readily said of me:

"Greg believed God."

I care not for anything else save the notion that I remained faithful to the Word of my Lord. Is this shallow? Perhaps... it is indeed not lofty or noble or influential or powerful... I just want to believe and have that belief define everything I do and every part of who I am- that in my belief I may declare His glory and reveal the truth of Who He is. Belief cannot be separated from action and obedience... it's all the same, to love Him, believe Him, and obey Him are all the same... but oh my God, help my unbelief! I pray humbly and scared... help my unbelief! I just want to believe Him.


In Him,
Greg

No comments: