Monday, September 29, 2008

Re: One Liners

So... I was reading through the books regarding Israel and Judah's history. Those books that tell of wars and mighty men and righteousness and God's provision, protection, sovereignty, and glory- I have come to love them. Anyway, I came across this ONE VERSE. I realized that this is beautiful story and it's all just one verse; it blew me away. I don't remember the last time I heard a sermon or discussion or anything of that nature devoted to it, thought it's entirely worthy! Anyway, I'm going to share it with you because it's pretty self-explanatory and amazing:

2 Kings 13:21
Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.


Dang.
I pray to see this happen in our times!

No comments: