Friday, July 25, 2008

Life

I’ve decided to be a little more personal with this blog now, don’t worry, the prophetic ranting will never cease, but I feel a compelling to simply write about life tonight.

So…

Last night was my farewell with Gamaliel’s Counsel… I am amazed and incredibly thankful that God has poured out His Spirit on them the way He has. I don’t know if I could have expected or imagined a group of my generation more godly or Spirit-led. A blessing was prayed over me and I am fully confident that God heard the prayer of that righteous man; there will be mighty work done through him. That group was my battalion this whole summer. The war we went into together was something none of us expected and yet God was preparing us all for individually. I cannot express with words how overwhelmed with joy I am at seeing their openness to the Holy Spirit and their love for one another- they are the firstfruits of my generation, the foundation and beginning of what God is doing with us here in America. I miss you.

I left Missouri and arrived home today. It seems as if my time spent in Missouri was far too short, yet I am very excited for the work God has in store for me here. Prairie Camp comes before everything else and I have been praying that at least one of my guys finds himself wrecked for the Holy Spirit by the end of the week (or the first day, to accurately reveal the prophetic impatience in my soul); you’re welcome to join me in praying for that as well! I don’t know what comes after that; God hasn’t allowed me to see anything concerning a job or school or the weeks between camp and anything else. It’s the time of limbo for a apostle I suppose, that time of knowing there’s something around the corner but you’re not quite sure what it is… you just have to wait until you’re there and then eventually look backwards shaking your head at God in amazement because you know He knew what it was the whole time.

In my seven hour car ride I discovered that every single (prophetic absolution) O.C. Supertones song corresponds to at least one distinct moment in my life. I recalled how “Grounded” was a battle cry in my life throughout my teenage years and how “Return of the Revolution” demanded I stand firm when faced with compromise and gave me a vision for my life. I reflected on the song “I Will Follow,” from the “Revenge…” album for quite awhile. This is the chorus:

And it was a sacrifice…
But there are those who give their lives.

Lord, I'll follow, if I have to leave all that I know
Where You go, I'll go, and I know that I don't go alone
Even if it's only me that goes
Even if it's only me that goes
Even if it's only me that goes
I will follow.

It blows me away to think that a few years ago I believed I understood that song and was ready to live out the proclamation, to say the least it has such a different meaning now! I know it is all that we have and can do, but there is something different about expecting to be ridiculed and tossed aside rather than saying you’re ready if indeed it does happen. I know that God is up to something in this Northern Indiana area. I believe there are a few of my generation who are ready for it and I pray God will direct me to them before it comes and things get shaken up.

My heart is still burdened for my generation. I call it a painful love because that is truly what it is. I was reading an older writing and discovered that this burden has been here for a long time; I simply didn’t know what it was at the time- the enemy had been trying to convince me that I couldn’t stand my generation in all of its darkness. My prophetic sister shared a life-changing observation with me and noted that it was not a loathing I feel towards it, but a true love. I feel as if God has given me a small notion of what He felt when dying for the world even when He knew many would reject Him, such a burden that cannot be shaken for anything- ice cream doesn’t even make it go away! My message cannot change; I have no right to change it… indeed I have no rights at all. I am a slave to His work. I know the status of sonship and I embrace it wholeheartedly, but even the Son could do nothing but the work of the Father, indeed I want to do nothing but the work of my Savior. Let us each press on.

-greg

No comments: