Monday, August 4, 2008

Warrior's Psalm

I scream, but no breath escapes my lips,
No noise shatters this silence,
No truth penetrates the darkness.

I lift my hands in battle, but no weapon is found,
No sword to cut my enemies down,
No shield to defend me from their onslaught.

My mouth is open wide- my heart cries out for war!
No soldiers run to aid this cause,
No archers rain down wrath today.

My heart is frail within my chest, yet warring on,
No strength to go with but Yours alone,
No hope for victory but in Your right arm.

I scream, but no sound falls from my lungs,
No words that any dare to hear,
No revelation brings any new fear.

I whisper, but no one wonders what was spoken,
No curiosity calls to the knowledgeable,
No mystery excites the learned men.

Oh God, You have given me a spirit for war,
No glory declared but Yours alone,
No captive remaining when all is done.

Oh God, in You is found all power and strength,
No name above Your glorious Son’s,
No war You have not already won.

I scream, to God on high Who hears this cry,
No word desired but Your, “Well done,”
No action considered but to press on.

No comments: